Monday, April 4, 2016

My First Interview

Answer the following questions on your blog in a post called Student of the Month Story.

Who - Jose Castillo
What - Won student of the Month
Where - At Bowie High school
When -Last week, on March 30th
Why -Was announced student of the month
How -it came all natural


On March 30th, 2016 of last week Jose Castillo was announced student of the month in his economics class at Bowie High school and was later interviewed. Many questions were asked to understand the reasoning behind of why he was chosen for student of the month. During the interview, Castillo described the kind of student he is and  what he did to get the award.



Castillo has always had it in him to do his best and accomplish anything and everything, sometimes without even trying because that is his mindset.


"Even though this comes all natural to Jose, he deserves to be recognized for all his accomplishments" Principle Mr. King states the day the award was handed out to Castillo.


Castillo feels he deserves the award with the additional plus of his excellent grades.


"I'm not a hard worker honestly, but my grades have always been perfect" Castillo mentions


Many students today go crazy over the fact that extra credit can bump up grades, but Castillo never took that advantage because he doesn't need too.


"No need to do extra credit if I already get 100's and pretty much every assignment and exams." Castillo states his opinion on extra credit.


Castillo never got complimented on his work besides from his parents, and of course himself.


"It's always been myself or my parents that compliment my work, I guess everyone else already knows I know what I'm capable of so they feel no need to do so" he said. "I don't need anyone to compliment my work, never will I need anyone to do so."


It's common for students to be tardy here and there to class, but for some it might be consistent.


"I'm either always late during the work or 5 minutes early, there is no in between" he said.


Students in his class describe him as an independent worker who is friendly and very laid back.


"Jose is probably the coolest guy in class, he gets all his work done and is friends with everyone. Although sometimes he keeps to himself." Bryan from economics expresses his opinion about Castillo.


People from school, who see Castillo walking to class and hang out with him at lunch say he's different than in class. He keeps more to himself, but is still friendly here and there.


"I'm the Kanye West of school." Castillo said about himself.


Castillo is aiming for a bigger award by the end of the school year.


"I'm glad I got student of the month award, but the student of the year seems a lot cooler, and that's my focus right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment